Volvo’s efficiency tuning by-product Polestar has revealed the newest tweaks to its enhanced S60 and V60 fashions this week, a little bit over twelve months since their remaining main replace.
Last 12 months’s replace noticed the twins transfer from a six- to four-cylinder engine package deal, however this newest alternate sees the 2018 S60 Polestar and 2018 V60 Polestar upgraded with a variety of aerodynamic improvements – and an overly restricted manufacturing allocation of simply 1500 vehicles.
The corporate has now not mentioned why it’s restricting manufacturing, however with the present S60 sedan and V60 wagon fashions nearing the tip in their existence cycle, this can be a touch that general manufacturing for the 2 fashions is polishing off.
In growing those improvements, Polestar and spouse motorsport arm Cyan Racing have used knowledge derived from the World Touring Car Championship – fascinating in its personal proper, given the corporate was once now not way back set to drag out of motorsport completely.
Upgrades come with a brand new entrance splitter, facet sills and a rear spoiler extension, all constituted of light-weight carbon fibre, expanding downforce via 30 according to cent.
No wonder, Polestar says this dramatic building up in downward power has advanced grip and high-speed balance, and most of the improvements are because of Cyan Racing’s lately publicised Nurburgring sizzling laps.
The model-year replace additionally brings new diamond-cut wheels in a high-gloss black end, together with carbon-fibre door reflect casings and a brand new Bursting Blue Metallic paint choice.
There’s additionally new inner trim, with a brand new seat upholstery, blue distinction sewing and Polestar brand embroidering.
Polestar boasts it has made greater than 250 part adjustments over the common S60 and V60 fashions, with highlights together with adjustable Ohlins surprise absorber gadget and six-piston Brembo brake callipers with 371mm discs.
Power is unchanged, on the other hand, with remaining 12 months’s alternate to Volvo’s Drive-E four-cylinder petrol turbo engine bringing the similar 270kW of energy and 470Nm of torque.
Polestar claims Zero-100km/h occasions of four.7 seconds for the S60 and four.Eight seconds for the simpler wagon, and each fashions record an electronically-limited most sensible velocity of 250km/h.
An in depth specification record, equipped via Polestar, is on the backside of this text.
“The Model Year 18 S60 and V60 Polestar models are the pinnacle of our road car programmes that we have been developing successfully since our first road car was launched in 2013,” mentioned Jörgen Ronstad, Vice President, Product Strategy & Management at Polestar.
“The aerodynamic enhancements, combined with other small but important changes, further enhances our base philosophy of a performance car for all roads and conditions, transferring technology and learnings from track to road.”
Local timing for the up to date vary continues to be to be showed. CarRecommendation has contacted Volvo Cars Australia for main points, and we can replace this tale as data turns into to be had.
But, with simplest 1500 examples deliberate for the brand new mannequin 12 months… we won’t see those updates right here in any respect.
Volvo S60 Polestar
- Zero-100 km/h Four.7 sec
- Zero-200 km/h 17.2 sec
- Zero-60 mph Four.Four sec
- Zero-120 mph 15.6 sec
- Top velocity 250 km/h*/155 mph*
Volvo V60 Polestar
- Zero-100 km/h Four.Eight sec
- Zero-200 km/h 17.Four sec
- Zero-60 mph Four.five sec
- Zero-120 mph 15.Eight sec
- Top velocity 250 km/h*/155 mph*
* = Electronically restricted
- Adjustable Polestar Öhlins surprise absorbers
- Front strut brace with carbon fibre enforcement
- Stiffer most sensible mount entrance and rear
- Stiffer tie blade bushing
- Polestar optimised steerage
- 80% stiffer springs in comparison to S/V60 T6 R-Design
- Front: 60 N/mm
- Rear: 67 N/mm (S60)
- 72 N/mm (V60)
Tyres and rims
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35 ZR20 (95Y) XL with hollow space damping
- Black Polestar bespoke rims, 20×Eight”
- Four-cylinder inline engine with turbo and supercharger
- 1969 cc
- 270 kW (367 hp DIN / 362 hp SAE) @ 6000 rpm
- 470 Nm (347 lb-ft) @ 3100-5100 rpm
- Max 7000 rpm
- Max spice up 2.Zero bar
- Polestar three.Zero” stainless full-flow lively exhaust gadget with dual three.five” tail pipes
- Higher capability turbo
- Strengthened conrods
- Strengthened camshaft
- Higher capability gasoline pump
- Higher capability air clear out
- Higher capability air consumption
- BorgWarner four-wheel force
- Polestar calibration for extra rear torque dynamic distribution
- Polestar calibrated balance keep watch over gadget
- Eight-speed Geartronic automated gearbox with paddle shifters
- Faster gearshifts
- Curve-hold capability
- Off-throttle capability
- Optimised shift precision
- Front: Polestar/Brembo 6 piston brake calipers
- 371×32 mm ventilated and floating Brembo discs
- Rear: 302×22 mm ventilated discs
- New brake pads for mannequin 12 months 2018
- 1753 kg / 3865 lb (S60)
- 1800 kg / 3968 lb (V60)
- Launch keep watch over
- Sport+ mode
- Polestar carbon fibre entrance splitter
- Polestar carbon fibre facet sills
- Polestar carbon fibre spoiler extension (S60)
- Polestar entrance splitter corners
- Polestar rear spoiler
- Polestar diffuser
Interior and external
- Sport seats with charcoal, nubuk, blue thread and Polestar imprint
- Steering wheel with blue thread and leather-based/nubuk
- Carbon fibre centre stack
- Nubuk inlay in doorways
- Nubuk centre armrest
- Polestar gearshift knob
- Polestar carpets with blue thread
- Polestar game pedals and footrest
- Polestar door sills with numbering
- Bursting Blue Premium Metallic
- Cyan Racing Blue
- Onyx Black Metallic
- Bright Silver Metallic
- Ice White Solid
- Sunroof and color simplest choices, all others integrated in base specification
Fuel intake (mixed)
- 7.Eight l/100 km (S60)
- Eight.1 l/100 km (V60)
- 179 g/km (S60)
- 186 g/km (V60)
2018 Volvo S60 Polestar, V60 Polestar revealed