The Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI) is reporting a 7.eight in line with cent year-on-year building up in sales and registrations for February.
VFACTS information launched lately unearths 95,999 automobiles have been offered within the shortest month of the yr, in comparison to 89,zero25 for a similar duration final yr. Sales for 2018 are sitting on 184,550 – up 10,615 sales or 6.1 in line with cent at the identical time in 2017.
As is now same old shape, SUVs ruled with 41.Five in line with cent of the marketplace, adopted via passenger automobiles – hatches, sedans, wagons, people-movers, coupes and convertibles – with 35.nine in line with cent marketplace proportion, or 34,490 sales. In spite of the entire marketplace enlargement, 250 extra passenger automobiles discovered a house in February final yr.
Vans and utes accounted for 19.Five in line with cent of the marketplace with 18,707 sales, 2195 greater than we noticed in February final yr.
Top manufacturers February 2018
In information that may surprise no-one, Toyota held best spot with a 19.zero in line with cent marketplace proportion. It offered 18,281 automobiles in February, up 1973 automobiles or 12.1 in line with cent on final yr.
Mazda completed the month in 2nd position, promoting 9913 automobiles for a 10.Three in line with cent proportion – 10 fewer automobiles than the similar duration final yr, and a nil.eight in line with cent smaller proportion of the sales pie.
Hyundai took the ground step at the podium with an eight.Three in line with cent marketplace proportion, at the again of 8001 sales. That’s a 1000-car growth at the identical month in 2017, and zero.four in line with cent extra marketplace proportion than the Korean logo held final yr.
Mitsubishi (7142, up 24 in line with cent), Ford (6059, up 6.nine in line with cent), Honda (49623, up a whopping 55.Three in line with cent), Nissan (4863, up nine.nine in line with cent), Holden (4689, down 18.1 in line with cent), Volkswagen (4671, up 1.1 in line with cent) and Kia (4664, up 11.7 in line with cent) rounded out the highest 10.
February used to be a just right month for Isuzu Ute (1822, up 37.four in line with cent), Alfa Romeo (77, up 45.Three in line with cent), LDV (385, up 126.Five in line with cent), Mini (346, up 24.Five in line with cent) and Peugeot (210, up 17.Three in line with cent) – in conjunction with Mitsubishi and Honda, as discussed previous.
On the opposite aspect of the coin, Infiniti’s horror yr endured (28, down 76.Five in line with cent). Jaguar (139, down 44 in line with cent) and Land Rover (973, down 23.eight in line with cent) each battled, as did Citroen (28, down 39.1 in line with cent) and Fiat (95, down 36.7 in line with cent).
As discussed prior to, Holden dropped via 18.1 in line with cent, whilst Mercedes-Benz shifted 2764 automobiles for February, down nine.6 in line with cent at the identical time final yr.
Top fashions February 2018
Although the Toyota HiLux (4426) and Ford Ranger (3544) remained best dealers for February, the Corolla (3270) outsold the Mazda Three (2935).
Unlike final month, the Toyota Camry snuck into the highest 20 with 1381 sales, tied with the Honda CR-V. The Holden Commodore, however, remained out of doors with simply 737 – 134 fewer than final month.
Of the 20 most well liked automobiles within the nation, 8 have been passenger automobiles, 8 have been SUVs and 4 have been utes.
Winners via phase
- Kia Picanto: 353
- Holden Spark: 109
- Mitsubishi Mirage: 103
- Hyundai Accent: 1782
- Mazda 2: 959
- Honda Jazz: 846
- Toyota Corolla: 3270
- Mazda Three: 2935
- Hyundai i30: 2182
- Toyota Camry: 1381
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: 495
- Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class: 292
- Holden Commodore: 737
- Kia Stinger: 174
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: 93
- Kia Carnival: 501
- Honda Odyssey: 174
- Volkswagen Multivan: 109
- Ford Mustang: 492
- BMW 2 Series: 175
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: 134
- Mazda CX-Three: 1562
- Honda HR-V: 1067
- Subaru XV: 1045
- Mazda CX-Five: 2191
- Toyota RAV4: 1841
- Nissan X-Trail: 1622
- Toyota Kluger: 1420
- Toyota Prado: 1323
- Subaru Outback: 821
Upper Large SUV
- Toyota LandCruiser: 1085
- Nissan Patrol: 123
- Mercedes-Benz GLS: 81
- Toyota HiAce: 532
- Hyundai iLoad: 330
- Renault Trafic: 166
- Toyota HiLux: 4426
- Ford Ranger: 3544
- Mitsubishi Triton: 1894
- State/territory break up: New South Wales 31,252, Victoria 28,451, Queensland 18,516, Western Australia 8276, South Australia 5665, Australian Capital Territory 1578, Tasmania 1491 and Northern Territory 770.
- Top 5 segments via proportion: Small automobiles 19.Three in line with cent, Medium SUV 17.eight in line with cent, four×four Utes 14.zero in line with cent, Large SUV 11.four in line with cent, Small SUV 10.eight in line with cent.
- Fastest-growing segments: SUV small (21.four in line with cent), four×four utes (17.nine in line with cent), SUV medium (17.1 in line with cent), SUV higher massive (12.nine in line with cent) and lightweight vehicle (10.Three in line with cent)
- Fastest-shrinking segments: Large automobiles (down 45.nine in line with cent), Sports automobiles (down 25.four in line with cent), Micro automobiles (down 21.2 in line with cent), Upper massive automobiles (down 15.nine in line with cent) and Vans 2.Five-Three.5t (down Five.1 in line with cent).
- Buyer-type break up: Private 45,720, Business 39,597, Rental 4737 and Government 2943.
- Fuel break up: Petrol 61,963, Diesel 29,979, Hybrid 951, Electric – aside from Tesla, which refuses to proportion data – 104.
- Top 5 beginning international locations: Japan 29,229, Thailand 25,675, Korea 14,181, Germany 7636 and USA 3853.
MORE: Industry sales effects
Any questions? Fire away within the feedback, and we’ll solution them once imaginable.
NOTE: Mike Costello, on project this week in Geneva, will resume VFACTS protection in April.
February 2018 new vehicle sales