New vehicle business height foyer workforce, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries (FCAI), reported a four.Three in line with cent building up in sales and registrations for January 2018 in comparison to the similar month remaining yr.
VFACTS information launched lately recorded 88,551 sales for the primary month of the calendar yr. By comparability, the tally for January 2017 – a yr wherein the best-ever annual sales file was once damaged – was once 84,910.
January frequently offers a excellent information to which manufacturers began 2018 and not using a backlog of broker demonstrators, adversarial to those who needed to transparent the previous-year’s registered inventory.
As has transform acquainted, SUVs had been the dominant vehicle kind, snagging 42.eight in line with cent marketplace proportion. Passenger cars (hatchbacks, sedans, wagons, people-movers, coupes and convertibles) grabbed 36 in line with cent, and vehicles/utes 18.nine in line with cent.
Pictured: Toyota Australia leader, Matthew Callachor
Top manufacturers January 2018
Perennial marketplace chief Toyota grabbed 17.Three in line with cent marketplace proportion with 15,306 sales, up 22 in line with cent. Joining it at the podium had been Mazda (10,113, up zero.Five%) and Hyundai (7124, up 6.2%).
Rounding out the end 10 had been Holden (5719, down 20.four%), Ford (5645, down four.Five%), Mitsubishi (5263, up Three.7%), Nissan (4707, down 6.1%) Honda (4581, up a large 32%), Kia (4531, proceeding remaining yr’s expansion development to be up 12.nine%) and Subaru (4253, up 6.1%).
Other smaller-scale manufacturers that carried out relatively neatly incorporated Alfa Romeo (79, up 71.7%). Isuzu Ute (1526, up 39.four%), Jeep (556, up 28.1% over its dreadful 2017 tally), LDV (351, up 154.Three% because the T60 ute and D90 SUV hit showrooms), Mercedes-Benz (3270, up nine.nine%) and Mini (322, up 13%).
Brands that struggled past the ones already discussed incorporated Audi (1578, down 22.1% and proceeding its downward development after a deficient 2017 appearing), Citroen (25, down 32.four%), Fiat (117, down 33.Five%), Haval (24, down 17.2%), Infiniti (33, down 36.Five%), Jaguar (144, down 46.nine%), Land Rover (950, down 12.nine%) and Renault (742, down 14.1%).
Top manufacturers by means of quantity, January 2018
Top fashions January 2018
There had been a couple of common ‘faces’ lacking from the nationwide height 20 fashions, particularly the Holden Commodore (871) and Toyota Camry (754) as they input the primary yr as imports. These figures come with runout in the community made inventory, however that’ll be long past quickly.
Out of the end 20 fashions, 9 had been SUVs, six had been passenger cars and 5 had been utes. However, as has transform acquainted, the top-two total had been the Toyota HiLux and Ford Ranger.
Top fashions by means of quantity, January 2018
Winners by means of section
- Kia Picanto: 347
- Holden Spark: 137
- Mitsubishi Mirage: 95
- Hyundai Accent: 1097
- Mazda 2: 1050
- Toyota Yaris: 758
- Mazda Three: 3201
- Toyota Corolla: 2776
- Hyundai i30: 1850
- Toyota Camry: 754
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: 492
- Mazda 6: 254
- Holden Commodore: 871
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class: 178
- Kia Stinger: 139
- Kia Carnival: 4786
- Honda Odyssey: 168
- Mercedes-benz V-Class: 53
- Ford Mustang: 440
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class: 153
- Hyundai Veloster: 144
- Mazda CX-Three: 1582
- Subaru XV: 1108
- Hyundai Kona: 1093
- Mazda CX-Five: 2152
- Toyota RAV4: 1780
- Nissan X-Trail: 1668
- Toyota Prado: 1169
- Toyota Kluger: 897
- Subaru Outback: 845
Upper Large SUV:
- Toyota LandCruiser: 927
- Nissan Patrol: 91
- Mercedes-Benz GLS: 62
- Toyota HiAce: 431
- Hyundai iLoad: 372
- Renault Trafic: 143
- Toyota HiLux: 3860
- Ford Ranger: 3260
- Nissan Navara: 1578
- States/territories: NSW 28,995, Vic 25,961, Qld 17,246, WA 7401, SA 5314, ACT 1561, Tas 1418, NT 655.
- Top 5 segments by means of proportion: Small vehicles 19.Three, Medium SUVs 18.eight, four×four Utes 13.eight, Small SUVs 11.6, Large SUVs 11.1.
- Fastest-growing segments: Upper Large vehicles (up 52.nine %), four×four Utes (up 26.6 %), Small SUVs (up 25.Five %), Medium SUVs (up 19.2 %), Medium Vans (up 13.nine %).
- Fastest-shrinking segments: Large Cars (down 43.Three %), Sports Cars (down 20.7 %), Medium Cars (down 12.1 %), Large SUVs (down 10.6 %), Light Cars (down four.nine%).
- Overall buyer-type cut up: Private 45,482, industry 36,772, executive 2609, condominium 1662
- Fuel-type cut up: Petrol 58,524, diesel 29,211, hybrid 731, EV/PHEV 85 (aside from Tesla, which refuses to expose figures)
- Top-five foundation nations: Japan 26,846, Thailand 23,482, Korea 13,732, Germany 7187, USA 3141
MORE: New automobile sales information protection
Any questions? Ask beneath and we’ll resolution them once conceivable.
January 2018 new vehicle sales